Sunday, August 23, 2026

Badly Missing Charlie, Bounty Raised To P20M

WHAT VALUE DOES a gaming tycoon like Charlie “Atong” Ang possess for which the government is willing to shell out more funds from its limited resources if only to ensure he gets arrested — way ahead of crooks behind the so-called flood control scandal.

This comes as the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) doubled the reward for information leading to the arrest of Ang, who is facing arrest warrants in connection with the “missing sabungeros.”

During a press conference, DILG Secretary Jonvic Remulla announced that the bounty for Ang’s capture has been raised to P20 million from P10 million.

“We are increasing the bounty for Atong Ang to P20 million for information leading to his arrest,” he said.

INTERPOL RED NOTICE

Ang has been the subject of multiple arrest warrants in view of multiple counts of kidnapping with homicide and kidnapping and serious illegal detention cases filed by the family of cockfight enthusiasts who have since been missing and believed killed in 2021 and 2022.

The Department of Justice, through the National Bureau of Investigation, earlier requested the International Police Organization (Interpol) to issue a red notice against Ang.

A red notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender, or similar legal action. 

The individuals are wanted by the requesting member country, or international tribunal. Member countries apply their own laws in deciding whether to arrest a person.

DENIAL AS USUAL

The gaming tycoon, who has gone hiding since late last year, has categorically denied allegations against him.

Atty. Gabriel Villareal, in his capacity as Ang’s legal counsel, described the issuance of arrest warrants  as “premature” and “legally questionable.” He claimed that the court failed to meet the constitutional standards that should have been observed under the circumstances.

“Clearly, the court merely acted on the incomplete and one-sided information provided by the DOJ in its determination of probable cause, without having even seen the counter affidavits and exculpatory evidence of the respondents, including that of Mr. Ang.” 

FRESH WARRANT

As this developed, a third arrest warrant has been issued against Ang in connection with the disappearance of cockfight enthusiasts.

DOJ spokesperson Atty. Polo Martinez said that, while the panel of prosecutors has not yet received a copy of the arrest order, the branch clerk of court of San Pablo, Laguna Regional Trial Court Branch 29, has already confirmed the existence of the court order.

“The Branch Clerk of Court (BCC) of Branch 29 RTC San Pablo has confirmed that a warrant in the Atong Ang case has been issued. However, the panel of prosecutors has yet been furnished with an official copy of said warrant or any order for its issuance,” Martinez quipped.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

DOE Revising Systems Loss...

OVERWHELMED by public outrage over bill shocks, the Department...

US Wants Quiboloy Flown...

CITING existing treaties of which the Philippines is a...

Palace Stops Jonvic, No...

MALACAÑANG finds no reason to extend the term of...

China Lays Claim Over...

WITH the maritime territorial dispute at the West Philippine...

Court Issues Warrant Against...

FROM being whistleblowers, all 18 individuals referred to as...

Related

Student Takes Grandpa’s Magnum 357 to School

A TEACHER AT the Lut-od National High School in...

Not One Indication of Growth By Yearend

FOR THE REMAINING four months of 2026, there is...

Another Oil Price Hike Looms

FOR THE SECOND consecutive week, motorists were advised to...

PH Financial Improvement at its Lowest Level in 4...

HOPELESSNESS IF LEFT unchecked could lead to desperation as...

P10K Wage Increase For Teachers, Sought

WITH an election less than two years away, a...

More from Author